Are you stuck in your life and don’t know what to do?
Or hate small talk and want new questions to have more meaningful conversations?
Then you are in the right place.
Over the years I collected 163 questions that will teach you more about yourself and the people in your life.
Simply change your life with one question a day!
Because the best thing to jumpstart a new life is to ask great questions.
Not only are questions fantastic conversation starters, but they also help you to understand your life and yourself on a deeper level.
They can help you to get unstuck and see what you have to do to get what you want.
The question is: If you don’t live the life you want, are you asking the right questions?
And if you ask the right questions are you giving the right answers? Or do you chicken out? Do you lie to yourself?
Take a few questions and answer them.
You can even do one question a day, and in half a year, I promise you, you will be a changed person.
Do what you need to do, not just what you want to do!
163 Thought Provoking Life Questions:
- When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you have done?
- When was the last time you tried something new?
- If you would speak to a friend the same way you talk to yourself, how long do you think that person would be your friend?
- What makes you smile?
- Do you fear rejection? What are you doing to overcome this fear?
- If you dropped everything to pursue your dreams, what would you be risking?
- Do you follow through on commitments?
- What have you done to pursue your dreams lately? How about today?
- Name one psychological barrier in your life? What is it holding you back from?
- If you had to teach someone one thing, what would you teach?
- When is it time to stop calculating risk and rewards, and just go ahead, and do what you know is right?
- If we learn from our mistakes, why are we always so afraid to make a mistake?
- You’re having lunch with three people you respect and admire. They all start criticizing a close friend of yours, not knowing she is your friend. The criticism is distasteful and unjustified. What do you do?
- What would you do differently if you knew nobody would judge you?
- When was the last time you had an exciting idea that kept you awake at night? Are you pursuing that idea today?
- What are the top three compliments you hear from people about yourself?
- What are you looking forward to?
- When was the last time you noticed the sound of your own breathing?
- Where would you like to live? Why haven’t you moved?
- What is your most significant achievement?
- How do you deal with failure?
- What is your greatest strength?
- What is your greatest weakness?
- What is your favorite quote?
- Based on your daily routines and actions, where can you expect to be in five years?
- Would you be willing to reduce your life expectancy by ten years to become extremely attractive or famous?
- What is the difference between being alive and truly living?
- Do you bring your work home with you?
- How many times a day do you check your email?
- How much time are you spending on social media?
- What drives you to be better at something?
- What do you love to do? Do you do it often? If you answer no, why not?
- How often do you keep in touch with your family and friends?
- What is the source of your procrastination?
- What can you do today that you couldn’t do a year ago?
- What will you be able to do at this time next year?
- What is the last thing that you’ve done that’s worth remembering?
- Would you rather have less work to do or more work you actually enjoy doing?
- Do you feel like you’ve lived this day a hundred times before? How could you change it?
- If you were asked to describe yourself in one word, what would it be?
- What books have influenced you the most?
- When was the last time you followed an idea you strongly believed in?
- What do you want most out of life?
- If you knew that everyone you know was going to die tomorrow, who would you visit today?
- What gets you excited and driven to achieve?
- When was the last time you traveled somewhere new?
- Are the people around you helping you or hurting you?
- What were you doing when you last lost track of time?
- What is the difference between living and existing?
- If happiness was the national currency, what kind of work would make you rich?
- If karma was coming back to you, would it help or hurt you?
- If you could go back in time, once, and change a single thing – what would it be?
- What have you done today to make someone’s life better?
- Are you doing what you believe in, or are you settling for what you are doing?
- If you could only speak one word today, what would you say?
- Whose life have you had the greatest impact on?
- When was the last time you took some time to be alone?
- To what degree have you actually controlled the course your life has taken?
- If you could spend 15 minutes with anyone, living or dead, who would it be? Why?
- If the average human lifespan was 40 years, how would you live your life differently?
- What habits are holding you back from success?
- Are you more worried about doing things right, or doing the right things?
- What makes you unique?
- How have past rejections lowered your self-confidence?
- If you had a year left to live, what would you achieve over the next 12 months?
- At what time in your recent past have you felt most passionate and alive?
- Are you feeding your fears or your hopes and dreams?
- If you could ask for one wish, what would it be?
- If not now, then when?
- If you haven’t achieved it yet, what do you have to lose?
- How have you educated yourself today?
- When someone sees your name on caller ID, what thoughts and feelings do you want them to have?
- Is it possible to know, without a doubt, what is good and what is evil?
- Have you ever invested in yourself financially? Why or why not?
- If you just won a million dollars, would you quit your job?
- What do you “owe” yourself?
- What terrifies you the most?
- How many people do you truly love? What are you doing for them?
- If you could offer a newborn child only one piece of advice, what would it be?
- What bad habits do you want to break?
- Would you break the law to save a loved one?
- How do you spend the majority of your free time? Why?
- When you think of your home, what immediately comes to mind?
- Have you ever seen insanity where you later saw creativity?
- Do you trust your own instincts?
- What’s something you know you do differently than most people?
- Do you choose happiness or leave it to chance?
- How come the things that make you happy don’t make everyone happy?
- What did you want to be when you were a kid?
- What one thing have you not done that you really want to do?
- What’s holding you back?
- Are you holding onto something you need to let go of?
- Do you consider yourself worthy of love and admiration? If not, why not?
- When did you not speak up, when you know you should have spoken up?
- Would you rather lose all of your old memories, or never be able to make new ones?
- Would your life be better or worse, if you knew the time and place where you would die?
- Is it possible to know the truth without challenging it first?
- Are you satisfied with your work?
- Has your greatest fear ever come true?
- What are you spending your money on?
- Do you remember that time five years ago when you were extremely upset? Does it matter now?
- If you had unlimited resources, how would you live your life?
- What is your happiest childhood memory? What makes it special?
- What are the things that stand between you and complete happiness?
- What do you want your life to look like in 5 years? Do you have a plan to get there?
- Standing at the gates of heaven, and God asks you “Why should I let you in?” What do you reply?
- What will people say at your funeral?
- What excuses are you making?
- If you received enough money to never need to work again, what would you spend your time doing?
- If today was the last day of your life, what would you want to do?
- What messages have you internalized?
- What would you change about your life if you knew you would never die?
- If you had to move to a state or country besides the one you currently live in, where would you move and why?
- Would you be a martyr and risk your reputation by standing up for what is right in front of your peers? Or is it better to be pragmatic and do nothing?
- Are you a good listener?
- If you could watch everything that happened in your life until now, would you enjoy it?
- If you could ask a single person one question, and they had to answer truthfully, who and what would you ask?
- Could you be persuaded to kill someone? If you answer no, how much money would it take to change your mind?
- Do you push the elevator button more than once? Do you really believe it makes the elevator faster?
- What would happen if you never wasted another minute of your life, what would that look like?
- Would you rather have 10 years of excellent health or 30 years of average health?
- How do you keep a sense of perspective when life gets complicated?
- If you could start over, what would you do differently?
- What gives you meaning?
- Why are you, you?
- Who are your professors in the school of life?
- Are you able to say no, even when it makes you unpopular?
- Have you been the kind of friend you want as a friend?
- Which is worse, when a good friend moves away, or losing touch with a good friend who lives right near you?
- What are you most grateful for?
- Is being open-minded a virtue, if it’s causing destructive ideas to spread throughout society?
- How do you challenge your assumptions?
- If you lost everything tomorrow, whose arms would you run into to make everything ok? Does this person know how much they mean to you? When was the last time you told them?
- What gives you peace?
- What inspires you?
- What is the biggest frustration you’re facing now? How can you change it?
- How have you been draining your own happiness?
- Are your goals and dreams written down?
- How much control do you have over yourself?
- Who are you? Describe yourself without using your name, or any attributes given to you by society and really think. Deep down, who are you?
- How old would you be if you didn’t know how old you are?
- If your entire life was a movie, what title would best fit?
- Which is worse, failing or never trying?
- What step can you take today to fulfill your deepest desire?
- How would you describe yourself in 5 words?
- If life is so short, why do we do so many things we don’t like and like so many things we don’t do?
- Who are the people you surround yourself with?
- How do you celebrate the things you do have in your life?
- How do you express your gratitude for good things and people that you have in your life?
- What is the one thing you’d most like to change about the world?
- Do you have a personal mission statement?
- What do you regret? How do you apply the learning from this regret to your actions today?
- What small habit can you change today?
- Are you open to experiencing something outside of your comfort zone every day?
- In 5 years from now, will you remember what you did yesterday? What about the day before that? Or the day before that?
- Are you content? If not, what is the source of your lack of contentment?
- If you could eliminate one thing from your life today, what would it be?
- Who are you becoming?
- What do you love? Have any of your recent actions openly expressed this love?
- Decisions are being made right now. The question is: Are you making them for yourself, or are you letting others make them for you?
- When you’re 90 years old, what will matter most to you in the world?
- Do you ask enough questions, or are you happily settling for what you know already?
- What story are you telling yourself about your life? What is fact and what is just your opinion?
What was your favorite question?
Which question made you think?
Which question changed your perspective?
Which question made you realize something you didn’t know till now?
Did you answer only the questions that are easy or also the hard ones?
Remember… do what you need to do, not just what you want to do.
Do you have some good and thoughtful questions to add? Please send me an email here with all of your questions.
- Read the questions and pick one or a few that make you think.
- Answer them. Best in longhand.
- Then act on the new insights you gained.
- Join PURUM to get access to over 20 free lessons.