Do you want to be more productive?
Simply do more with the time you already have.
We all have the same 24 hours but use them differently.
If you are not where you want to be, figure out where your time is going!
Look at your favorite athlete, business person, or celebrity.
How are they using their time differently than you are using yours?
Where are they getting an advantage? And where do you let it slide?
1. Eliminate Everything That Doesn’t Get You To Your Goal
Maybe you waste a lot of time:
- Binge watching TV
- Playing computer games
- Reading news articles
- Taking hours to decide minor life decision
- Dreaming instead of doing
- And the biggest of them all: You do unimportant stuff.
Where do you waste time?
Are the task you accomplish in alignment with where you want to go?
Would you watch that TV show or play that game if this would be your last week on earth?
How much time do you spend watching movies all year?
If you watch television for two hours every day a day, you spend one month watching TV every year.
Yes, a month! You spend a month watching TV. And that’s 30 days without sleep or getting something to eat. 30 days of only watching TV, every year.
Imagine what you could accomplish in 30 days? What could you learn or do that would make your life ten times better in these 30 days?
2. Track Your Day
Track your day and write down how much time you need to accomplish each task:
- How much time do you need to shower?
- How long do you need to sleep to feel well rested?
- How much time do you need to get to work?
- How much time do you spend on social media?
- And how much time are you actually working towards your dream?
Track everything with a timer and write it down.
You can guess you work 8 hours a day and not come close to your dream, or you can KNOW you are working 8 hours a day.
Even if it is a lot of work and you already decided not to do it, I urge you to track your daily activities. At least for a week or minimum a full day. Otherwise, how can you know if you are seriously working on your dream?
Another approach is to track only the time you are working on your dream. But then you won’t see where you lose valuable time browsing the internet or watching TV.
Are you working three, four, or eight hours? Or are you working less than an hour every day but are lying to yourself?
No wonder you aren’t making any progress if you don’t work hard enough.
Of course, you need to work smart. There are a lot of people that work extremely hard but still don’t make enough money, but working smart doesn’t save you from doing actual work. You still need to put in the hours.
3. What Are You Doing That Is Unnecessary Right Now?
And what should you be doing, but aren’t?
Maybe you should play more with your kids, write a book, or start a company that you always wanted to start. Only you can know what success means to you.
Ask yourself: Where is your time going? And what are you doing with it?
Time is a finite resource. Use yours! That’s how you get more time.
Don’t wait for a better life, go get it!
The Only Productivity Advice You Ever Need: Life is short!
You might be aware that today could be your last day.
But being aware of it doesn’t mean you act on it.
You know you should do more sports.
You know you should eat healthier.
You know you should follow your dreams.
That doesn’t mean you do it.
What Do You Want In Life?
Someone might say: “Don’t be unrealistic. You and your potential generation of superstars. You can’t have it all.”
But why not have it all?
Why shouldn’t you get everything that you want?
Last time I checked:
- There is enough healthy food if you want it.
- You could go for a run if you want it.
- You could earn more money, and the Federal Reserve could print more money if they want it.
- Nothing is hindering you from having positive, cheerful, and enriching experiences if you want it.
- You could follow your dreams if you want it.
There is no shortage. Other than the shortage mindset in our brains.
And if there was a real shortage. Why should it impact you?
Why shouldn’t you be the person who gets it all?
The Best Productivity Hack I Know?
- Realize life is short.
- Figure out what you want.
- Take massive action to get what you want. With the emphasis on massive.
- Say no to everything else.
You don’t need some marvelous to-do lists, filing systems or productivity software. Figuring out what you want, saying no to all the other shit and concentrating on what’s important. Is all you need.
What matters most to you…
and what do you have to let go, to get it?
Figure out where you want to be and start running towards it.
Not walking, but running.
Use your life. Don’t let it go unused.
What are you waiting for? You don’t get out of life… alive!
As you may have missed it: You don’t get out of life… alive!
Use your time!
What is it that you have to do?
That you need to do for you, no matter what everybody else says?
Do that right now!
- Remind yourself that you have the same 24 hours as everybody else.
- Track your day. What could you do more of? What should you do less of?
- Realize that you don’t get out of life alive and figure out what you want! Out of everything you do, which tasks deliver the highest value?
- Go after what you want with massive action!
- Eliminate everything else that is unnecessary.
- At last: What is one thing you can do right now to change your life for the better? Do that immediately!
It’s easy, isn’t it?
But then again, what’s easy to do is easy not to do.
Do it anyway and thank me later. 😉