Learn with these 163 questions more about yourself, your past, and your future!
Change your life simply with one question a day!
Because the best thing to jumpstart a new life is to ask great questions.
Not only are questions fantastic conversation starters, but they also help you to understand your life and yourself on a deeper level.
They can help you to get unstuck and see what you have to do to get what you want.
The question is: If you don’t live the life you want, are you asking the right questions?
And if you ask the right questions are you giving the right answers? Or do you chicken out?
Take a few questions and answer them.
You can even do one question a day, and in half a year, I promise you, you will be a changed person.
Do what you need to do, not just what you want to do!
163 Thought Provoking Life Questions:
- When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than
you have done?
- When was the last time you tried something new?
- If you would speak to a friend the same way you talk to
yourself, how long do you think that person would be your friend?
- What makes you smile?
- Do you fear rejection? What are you doing to overcome
- If you dropped everything to pursue your dreams, what
would you be risking?
- Do you follow through on commitments?
- What have you done to pursue your dreams lately? How
- Name one psychological barrier in your life? What is it
holding you back from?
- If you had to teach someone one thing, what would you
- When is it time to stop calculating risk and rewards, and
just go ahead, and do what you know is right?
- If we learn from our mistakes, why are we always so afraid
to make a mistake?
- You’re having lunch with three people you respect and
admire. They all start criticizing a close friend of yours, not knowing she is your friend. The criticism is distasteful and unjustified. What do you do?
- What would you do differently if you knew nobody would
- When was the last time you had an exciting idea that kept
you awake at night? Are you pursuing that idea today?
- What are the top three compliments you hear from people
- What are you looking forward to?
- When was the last time you noticed the sound of your own
- Where would you like to live? Why haven’t you moved?
- What is your most significant achievement?
- How do you deal with failure?
- What is your greatest strength?
- What is your greatest weakness?
- What is your favorite quote?
- Based on your daily routines and actions, where can you
expect to be in five years?
- Would you be willing to reduce your life expectancy by ten
years to become extremely attractive or famous?
- What is the difference between being alive and truly
- Do you bring your work home with you?
- How many times a day do you check your email?
- How much time are you spending on social media?
- What drives you to be better at something?
- What do you love to do? Do you do it often? If you answer
no, why not?
- How often do you keep in touch with your family and
- What is the source of your procrastination?
- What can you do today that you couldn’t do a year ago?
- What will you be able to do at this time next year?
- What is the last thing that you’ve done that’s worth
- Would you rather have less work to do or more work you actually enjoy doing?
- Do you feel like you’ve lived this day a hundred times
before? How could you change it?
- If you were asked to describe yourself in one word, what
would it be?
- What books have influenced you the most?
- When was the last time you followed an idea you strongly
- What do you want most out of life?
- If you knew that everyone you know was going to die
tomorrow, who would you visit today?
- What gets you excited and driven to achieve?
- When was the last time you traveled somewhere new?
- Are the people around you helping you or hurting you?
- What were you doing when you last lost track of time?
- What is the difference between living and existing?
- If happiness was the national currency, what kind of work
would make you rich?
- If karma was coming back to you, would it help or hurt
- If you could go back in time, once, and change a single
thing – what would it be?
- What have you done today to make someone’s life better?
- Are you doing what you believe in, or are you settling for
what you are doing?
- If you could only speak one word today, what would you
- Whose life have you had the greatest impact on?
- When was the last time you took some time to be alone?
- To what degree have you actually controlled the course
your life has taken?
- If you could spend 15 minutes with anyone, living or dead,
who would it be? Why?
- If the average human lifespan was 40 years, how would
you live your life differently?
- What habits are holding you back from success?
- Are you more worried about doing things right, or doing
the right things?
- What makes you unique?
- How have past rejections lowered your self-confidence?
- If you had a year left to live, what would you achieve over
the next 12 months?
- At what time in your recent past have you felt most
passionate and alive?
- Are you feeding your fears or your hopes and dreams?
- If you could ask for one wish, what would it be?
- If not now, then when?
- If you haven’t achieved it yet, what do you have to lose?
- How have you educated yourself today?
- When someone sees your name on caller ID, what thoughts
and feelings do you want them to have?
- Is it possible to know, without a doubt, what is good and
what is evil?
- Have you ever invested in yourself financially? Why or
- If you just won a million dollars, would you quit your job?
- What do you “owe” yourself?
- What terrifies you the most?
- How many people do you truly love? What are you doing
- If you could offer a newborn child only one piece of
advice, what would it be?
- What bad habits do you want to break?
- Would you break the law to save a loved one?
- How do you spend the majority of your free time? Why?
- When you think of your home, what immediately comes to
- Have you ever seen insanity where you later saw
- Do you trust your own instincts?
- What’s something you know you do differently than most
- Do you choose happiness or leave it to chance?
- How come the things that make you happy don’t make
- What did you want to be when you were a kid?
- What one thing have you not done that you really want to
- What’s holding you back?
- Are you holding onto something you need to let go of?
- Do you consider yourself worthy of love and admiration?
If not, why not?
- When did you not speak up, when you know you should
have spoken up?
- Would you rather lose all of your old memories, or never
be able to make new ones?
- Would your life be better or worse, if you knew the time
and place where you would die?
- Is it possible to know the truth without challenging it first?
- Are you satisfied with your work?
- Has your greatest fear ever come true?
- What are you spending your money on?
- Do you remember that time five years ago when you were
extremely upset? Does it matter now?
- If you had unlimited resources, how would you live your
- What is your happiest childhood memory? What makes it
- What are the things that stand between you and complete
- What do you want your life to look like in 5 years? Do you
have a plan to get there?
- Standing at the gates of heaven, and God asks you “Why
should I let you in?” What do you reply?
- What will people say at your funeral?
- What excuses are you making?
- If you received enough money to never need to work
again, what would you spend your time doing?
- If today was the last day of your life, what would you want
- What messages have you internalized?
- What would you change about your life if you knew you
would never die?
- If you had to move to a state or country besides the one
you currently live in, where would you move and why?
- Would you be a martyr and risk your reputation by
standing up for what is right in front of your peers? Or is it better to be pragmatic and do nothing?
- Are you a good listener?
- If you could watch everything that happened in your life
until now, would you enjoy it?
- If you could ask a single person one question, and they had
to answer truthfully, who and what would you ask?
- Could you be persuaded to kill someone? If you answer no,
how much money would it take to change your mind?
- Do you push the elevator button more than once? Do you really believe it makes the elevator faster?
- What would happen if you never wasted another minute of
your life, what would that look like?
- Would you rather have 10 years of excellent health or 30
years of average health?
- How do you keep a sense of perspective when life gets
- If you could start over, what would you do differently?
- What gives you meaning?
- Why are you, you?
- Who are your professors in the school of life?
- Are you able to say no, even when it makes you unpopular?
- Have you been the kind of friend you want as a friend?
- Which is worse, when a good friend moves away, or losing
touch with a good friend who lives right near you?
- What are you most grateful for?
- Is being open-minded a virtue, if it’s causing destructive
ideas to spread throughout society?
- How do you challenge your assumptions?
- If you lost everything tomorrow, whose arms would you
run into to make everything ok? Does this person know how much they mean to you? When was the last time you told them?
- What gives you peace?
- What inspires you?
- What is the biggest frustration you’re facing now? How can
you change it?
- How have you been draining your own happiness?
- Are your goals and dreams written down?
- How much control do you have over yourself?
- Who are you? Describe yourself without using your name,
or any attributes given to you by society and really think. Deep down, who are you?
- How old would you be if you didn’t know how old you are?
- If your entire life was a movie, what title would best fit?
- Which is worse, failing or never trying?
- What step can you take today to fulfill your deepest desire?
- How would you describe yourself in 5 words?
- If life is so short, why do we do so many things we don’t
like and like so many things we don’t do?
- Who are the people you surround yourself with?
- How do you celebrate the things you do have in your life?
- How do you express your gratitude for good things and
people that you have in your life?
- What is the one thing you’d most like to change about the
- Do you have a personal mission statement?
- What do you regret? How do you apply the learning from
this regret to your actions today?
- What small habit can you change today?
- Are you open to experiencing something outside of your
comfort zone every day?
- In 5 years from now, will you remember what you did
yesterday? What about the day before that? Or the day before that?
- Are you content? If not, what is the source of your lack of
- If you could eliminate one thing from your life today, what
would it be?
- Who are you becoming?
- What do you love? Have any of your recent actions openly
expressed this love?
- Decisions are being made right now. The question is: Are
you making them for yourself, or are you letting others make them for you?
- When you’re 90 years old, what will matter most to you in
- Do you ask enough questions, or are you happily settling
for what you know already?
- What story are you telling yourself about your life? What is
fact and what is just your opinion?
What was your favorite question?
Which question made you think?
Which question changed your perspective?
Which question made you realize something you didn’t realize till now?
Let us know your favorite questions in the comments and add new questions if you have some more.
- Read all the questions and pick one or a few that make you think!
- Answer them. Best in longhand.
- For ease of use download all the questions in pdf format.
Did you answer the hard ones too or only the easy questions?
Remember… do what you need to do, not just what you want to do!