Do you know what you want? Have you found your purpose?
If not, why not?
Can you lead a happy & successful life without figuring out what you want?
But if it’s not working, it’s time to do things differently and to figure out what you want! Because for all you know, you only have one chance at getting things right.
So, what is something that you want for you?
Make it so compelling that it’s not only your desire or something you wish for, but that you need to have it, that you are compelled to get it.
That’s how you get it!
WHAT DO YOU WANT?
Or to make it more personal:
WHAT DO I WANT?
Not what my friends, family, or society want, but what I want. What do I want to do with the limited time I’ve been given?
What is it? What is my purpose in life?
Unfortunately, most people spend more time cheering for their favorite sports team or planning their next shopping trip than thinking about what they want in life.
Spend at least a few hours figuring out what you want. Matter of fact, figuring out what you want is the most important thing you could do right now.
Once you know what you want with certainty, your life will transform immediately.
THE TWO MOST IMPORTANT DAYS IN YOUR LIFE ARE THE DAY YOU ARE BORN
AND THE DAY YOU FIND OUT WHY.
Find out why.
Figure out what you want… today!
Answer the following questions to find out what you want for you…
21 Questions To Find Your Life Purpose:
- WHAT DO I WANT?
- What would I do If money was no object?
- What would I do if money wasn’t important?
- What would I do if I had one billion dollars?
- What excites me the most?
- What could I be the best at?
- What would my ideal day look like if I could do what I want?
- What makes me feel good about myself?
- What do I need to do more?
- What would my highest self do?
- How do I want to feel, look and act like?
- Am I willing to sacrifice what I am for what I can become?
- Am I the type of person that I want to meet?
- If I would meet myself would I like that person? What would I change?
- What advice would I give myself if I were another person?
- What would I do if I could not fail?
- What am I too scared to do, even though I know I have to do it?
- What excites me? What makes me jump out of bed?
- What would I do if I would die tomorrow?
- If I were not scared what would I do?
- One year from now: Do I want to look back at where I could have been if I started today, or do I want to look back and be proud that I started today?
WHAT SHOULD YOU DO With The Questions?
- Pick a question.
- Try to answer the question in 5 to 10 minutes.
- Don’t inhibit your mind. Write everything down, even if it seems ridiculous.
- What did you learn from answering the question? Is your answer out of alignment with the way you live your life?
- Have you identified what you want?
If not pick a new question till you know what you want.
HOW MANY QUESTIONS SHOULD I ANSWER?
That’s up to you.
Some people answer one, others ten, and even others all questions until they get a clear cut answer to what they want in life.
Just begin and see what you learn.
Because deep down we all know what we want. We just don’t see it and don’t allow ourselves to go after it.
Sometimes, what we want seems so far out of reach that we think that it’s not a possibility for us. We think: We don’t have the necessary qualifications, don’t deserve it or what else we are telling ourselves.
The right question helps us to break free of these beliefs. The right question helps us to see what we truly want.
That’s why questions are so powerful. They simply work.
WHAT DO YOU WANT VS. GOALS
What you want doesn’t always have to be a goal like running a marathon or making one million dollars a year. It could also be how you want to feel each day or that you want to spend more quality time with your family.
It’s really about what you want in each second in the present moment and not about what you might want to have some time in the future. It’s always about now. Because that’s the only thing we have.
TAKE MASSIVE ACTION
Between knowing what you want and getting what you want, is often a huge gap bridged by taking action. Often it takes more work and effort than you realize.
Be prepared to do whatever it takes.
Do what you need to do, not just what you want to do.
DON’T MAKE YOUR DREAMS SMALLER
If you want to write a bestselling book, don’t make your dream smaller by setting it back to sell a few books. Own your dream.
We don’t fail in life because we aim too high and miss but because we aim too low and hit.
ARE YOU SOLD ON YOU?
If you are not sold on you, who is?
What would it take you to get sold on you again?
Get certain that you are the best person for what you want.
Hint: I don’t talk about fake confidence, where you act like you are sold on yourself to cover up your shortcomings.
I talk about getting absolute certain that you are the best man or woman for your dream job, dream partner, and dream life.
ONLY POSITIVE COMMENTS ALLOWED
Let your friends and family know; any advice must be: ‘Go for it.’ Otherwise, they should keep it to themselves. Just because they couldn’t do it, doesn’t mean you can’t do it.
Believing in yourself is hard enough. You don’t need more doubters in your life as you probably doubt yourself already.
Always ask yourself: Does this advice make sense for me, in my situation?
FOLLOW A SYSTEM NOT A GOAL
There is a big difference between a goal and a system.
Your goal could be to be the next Michael Jordan and become a professional NBA player, but without the necessary actions, you won’t get there. That’s where a system comes into play.
A system would be:
- Run 10 kilometers every day.
- Shot 200 free throws, 200 three pointers, and 200 layups.
- Plus additional team practice.
If you want to become a musician:
- Practice an instrument for an hour every day.
- Practice singing (scales etc.) for at least an hour every day.
- Write a new song every day.
If you want to become a writer:
- Write at least 2000 words every day.
That means every day. Without question or exception. It’s a system, so you do it every day no matter what.
THESE QUOTES MIGHT HELP YOU TO FIGURE OUT WHAT YOU WANT:
- No one becomes an astronaut by accident.
- Life is short. You have the opportunity to change the world and realize your true potential. Think about what you would do if there was no risk of failure and money was of no consequence. That’s what you should be doing!
- Most people don’t lead their lives, they accept their life.
- Days are expensive. When you spend a day you have one less day to spend. So make sure you spend each one wisely. – Jim Rohn
- Don’t waste another day without knowing what you really want.
- If it excites you and scares the crap out of you at the same time, it probably means you should do it.
- Don’t be afraid to give up the good for the great. – John D. Rockefeller
- You must make a choice to take a chance or your life will never change.
- It’s not who you are that holds you back, it’s who you think you are not.
- The world is gonna judge you no matter what you do, so live your life the way you want.
- It is not that we have so little time but that we lose so much. … The life we receive is not short but we make it so; we are not ill provided but use what we have wastefully. ― Seneca
- The Future is created by what you do today, not tomorrow.
- If we wait until we’re ready, we’ll be waiting for the rest of our lives. – Lemony Snicket
- He who waits for a chance may wait for a long time. – Nigerian Proverb
- You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough. – Mae West
- Sometimes your only available transportation is a leap of faith. – Margaret Shepard
- Don’t let your learning lead to knowledge, you will be a fool. Let your learning lead to action. – Jim Rohn
- I hope you live a life you are proud of and when you are not I hope you have the strength to start all over again.
- You’re gonna die, so enjoy the ride.
- At the center of your being you have the answer; you know who you are and you know what you want. So go out and do it. Be who you truly want to be.
Remember… one year from now, do you want to look back
at where you could have been if you started today, or do you want to look back and be proud that you started today?
Figure out what you want!
Take out a sheet of paper or your favorite text program and ask yourself: What is my life’s purpose?
Write down multiple answers till you find one that moves you. One that makes you excited. One that lets you cry. Again and again write down what is your life purpose, till it comes out of you.
And then pursue it!
Knowing what you want changes nothing if you don’t take action.
DO, DO, DO!
Until you either have what you want or do some more.
Remember a year from now you’ll wish you had started today.
Begin Your Journey Now.