Learn in this guide how to be more productive in the next ten minutes and end your procrastination once and for all.
Especially if you procrastinate a lot or never get the important things done!
I show you how to increase your productivity in ten simple steps.
But before we start, remember reading about how to save time is useless unless you do the work.
Do The Work!
Don’t let reading about increasing your productivity become a substitute for real work.
Don’t trick yourself.
Don’t think that you accomplish anything by reading productivity articles.
Always ask yourself: “How is this going to improve my life? What am I trying to get out of this article, book, video, or podcast?”
Skip reading this article if it isn’t improving your life. Because if you don’t act on the information you consume, you might as well do something else entirely!
Do the work. Reading is the easy part.
For more: Free Increase Your Productivity Course
How To Be More Productive:
Let’s dive right in…
1. Do The Most Important Task First!
What is your MIT: Your ‘Most Important Task’ today?
Do that and nothing else. That’s it.
Your productivity will skyrocket, if you successfully identify your most important task and get it done every single day, no matter what.
Or in other words:
- Realize you don’t get out of life alive.
- Figure out what you want.
- Go after what you want by doing the most important thing every day.
- And do nothing else while taking massive action.
In real life that would look like this:
- Decide: What is the most important thing you can accomplish today? Just one thing!
- Turn everything off that you don’t need to accomplish your task. Like your mobile phone, social media, email, and even your internet connection.
- Work for 25 minutes and take a five-minute break. Or 50 minutes and a ten-minute break. Again and again. Till you finish your most important task.
- After you finish it: Tackle your new most important task.
- Repeat this process until you get what you want.
That’s it. Congratulations. Now you are super productive.
Don’t fool yourself that important things can be put off till tomorrow; they can be put off forever, or not at all.
2. Stay With Your Task!
You know what you need to do, but still don’t get down to it?
What can you do?
You stay with the task.
Choose your most important task for today and stay with it.
You either do the task or nothing.
Let me give you an example:
Let’s say you need to write an article.
You start your computer & text editor and either write the article or you sit in front of your computer and do nothing.
You don’t check your email inbox, you don’t use social media, you don’t read news websites, you don’t talk with a co-worker, and you are not cleaning up your desk.
You either write or do nothing.
Stay in the present moment.
Stay with the resistance that might come up when you want to write your article. Do that for at least 5 minutes, and I bet out of boredom you will write your article and finish it before you know it.
And that’s it. As the saying goes: Winning starts with beginning. The beginning is always the hardest.
Stay with your task and finish it.
For more: Free Productivity Course
3. Done Is Better Than Perfect!
Ship it. Ship it. Ship it.
You can improve your product, article, or whatever you are trying to do after you got initial feedback.
Think of what you do as the first version. After you get the first feedback, you can go back and finish version two, three, or even one hundred.
The world doesn’t reward you for the ideas in your head the world rewards you for what you actually do.
If it’s at least 75% ready, ship it. Do it. Jump out of your comfort zone and show the world what you’ve got.
If you are not embarrassed by the first version of your product, you’ve launched too late. – Reid Hoffman
4. Take Breaks & Reenergize Yourself
Taking a shortcut with your sleep isn’t a long-term strategy.
If you are tired all the time it’s no wonder if you don’t get anything done.
Ask yourself: Do you get enough sleep? Or are you sleep-deprived?
Some people are so sleep deprived that they don’t know how it feels to be well-rested because they are accustomed to a lack of sleep and that for years.
Make sleep a priority in your life, and you will feel better and more energized.
Also, eat healthily and exercise daily.
Treat your body with the respect it deserves.
You wouldn’t put the wrong fuel in your car, so why would you do it with your body?
5. Write Your Goals Down
Write your goals down twice a day!
Once after you wake up and once before you go to bed. That’s how you keep your eyes on the price and stay energized.
Furthermore, if you lose your motivation during the day: Write your goals down!
You just ate your lunch, feel tired, and catch yourself browsing the internet or using social media?
Stop! Pause! And write your goals down!
Afterwards, I bet you will be reenergized to get down to work again to realize your dreams.
6. Review Your Day, Week, Or Entire Life
One of the best ways to improve your productivity and life is to review your day, week, month, year, or even entire life!
- What was good and what was bad?
- What do you have to do less of and what do you need to do more of?
- What were your five biggest wins?
- What did you learn today?
- And what can you do to increase your chances of success tomorrow?
Keep track of what you do and analyze what you can do better. Reviewing your day is like making an inventory of your business. It’s essential to keep it going.
7. Does It Have To Be Done At All?
You can be as productive as you want, but if you do the wrong things no productivity secret is helping you.
Look at your to-do list and decide what’s important, what can someone else do, and what doesn’t have to be done at all.
- Should you even do what you intend to do?
- Or can you cross it off your to-do list and be done with it?!
- Or can you delegate it to somebody else, who might be better at it anyway?
Next, set a price for your time and never do something that somebody else, who values their time less than you value your time, can do for you.
Did you ever ask yourself how some people become filthy rich while others stay poor?
Besides a myriad of other things, it’s because they hire help.
Yes, Bill Gates, Elon Musk, or Jeff Bezos might be brilliant and had the vision to seize their opportunities or even create them themselves, but they didn’t do it without the help of other people.
If you want to be more productive, you need to hire people to help you out.
There is no way around it.
Can you make a lot of money only by yourself and with automation nowadays?
But you will be even more productive if you outsource certain things.
Here are a few things you can outsource:
- Your meals
- Cleaning your home
- Social media activities
- Writing articles
- Creating videos
- Creating sales letters
- Producing products
- Website creation
Remember to set a price on your time and then make a cost-benefit analysis: If you make 100 dollars an hour is it worth your time to do your laundry or clean up your apartment when somebody else is willing to do it for 10 dollars an hour?
Don’t be your own biggest bottleneck!
You only have 24 hours in a day.
You can’t do everything by yourself even if you want to.
That’s why you should hire help as soon as you can, to free up time and energy to get the important things done.
Only one word of caution: Expect some initial setbacks.
Hiring staff has to be learned too.
Set aside some money as learning expenses, because not every hire will suit you and your productivity objectives.
Some will be a bad fit or need training and initially cost you more money or time. Push through these initial setbacks and find the best people for you and your goals.
9. Question Time
Sometimes the right question can be the best thing to change your life.
Let these questions inspire you to be more productive:
- What is the most important task right now?
- What would change your life, if you would finish it today?
- What would have the most significant impact on your life, if you would finish it today?
- Is this important?
- What would happen if you would put this off?
- Can you delegate it?
- Can you cross it off your list?
- Is what you do necessary or busywork?
- Why do you care?
- Why do you run from your task?
- What have you done today?
- If you could achieve one goal in 24h, what would it be?
For more questions read my 160+ questions to transform your life guide!
The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
10. Make The Time
Like Arnold Schwarzenegger said: “Don’t give me you don’t have time. You have time. You make the time.”
Everything else is an excuse. You either do it or don’t!
If you have time to watch a movie, party with your friends, or post pictures on social media, you have time to work on your dreams. Everything else is an excuse.
You have time. You make the time!
- What is one thing that if you would accomplish it today would change your life?
- Do that. Nothing else. You know what you need to do. Get it done. It’s never the perfect time. Get down to it and do the work. That’s how you are more productive!
Do you want to learn how to be even more productive?
Then join our free increase your productivity course!