Do you want to change your life?
But don’t know how or where to start?
Then follow this 3-Step-Process to change your life today.
Because changing your life isn’t rocket science.
It’s doing one step after another.
The steps in this article are simple, but as Jim Rohn said: “What is easy to do is easy not to do.”
It’s easy to change your life, but you have to take action!
Reading this article is the easy part. The challenging part comes after you read it!
Will you do what you need to do to change your life? Or do you keep on doing what you are doing and get the same results you got till now?
You decide. Your future is in your hands!
But I promise you will change your life if you follow the steps in this article.
Just remember: “What is easy to do is easy not to do.”
Believe and trust in yourself and take action to change your life today!
101 Ways to change your Life
- Wake up early.
- Learn to meditate.
- Read one book a week or a day if you are ambitious.
- Learn a new language.
- Start a new website, vlog, or blog.
- Find a new job.
- Start a new business.
- Stop smoking.
- Turn off the TV.
- Drink less alcohol.
- Spend less time in front of screens, like the one you are using to read this article.
- Declutter your life or at least your wardrobe.
- Find your life purpose.
- Go on a retreat, like a meditation retreat.
- Get physical. Make sure you exercise regularly.
- Get fit and get clothes that fit the shape of your body.
- Go outside and take a walk every day.
- Stay hydrated and drink fewer soda drinks.
- Learn an instrument.
- Learn to dance.
- Take up photography.
- Get married.
- Phone a friend.
- Phone your parents.
- Become a parent.
- End a bad relationship.
- Get a makeover. When you look great, you’ll feel great.
- Get a good night’s rest. Sleep is important.
- Tell a loved one how you feel about them.
- Start a garden.
- Eat healthy food.
- Eat more slowly.
- Protect your skin from sun overexposure to avoid skin damage.
- Improve your memory with memory exercises.
- Ask for a pay raise.
- Strike up a conversation with a stranger.
- Turn off your cell phone when you spend time with others.
- Be spontaneous and do something new at least once a week.
- Go to a meetup.
- Conquer a fear.
- Keep your word.
- Be persistent in doing the right thing.
- Become an excellent public speaker.
- Talk to your neighbors.
- Make new friends.
- Invite others for dinner and cook a delicious meal for everybody.
- Remember a few good jokes. Everyone loves to laugh.
- Write someone a hand-written letter. Like a thank you letter.
- Breath & relax for 10 seconds.
- Schedule leisure or quiet time.
- Be creative.
- Learn to draw.
- Join the zero waste movement.
- Mentor somebody else, like a troubled youth.
- Teach a child to read, ride a bike, or swim.
- Become a vegetarian, vegan, or change your diet in general.
- Start a budget plan and try to save at least 10% of your income.
- Donate to charity.
- Donate blood.
- Learn CPR or the Heimlich Maneuver.
- Practice good dental hygiene.
- Plant a tree.
- Be passionate.
- Be kind.
- Stop gossiping.
- Keep criticism to yourself.
- Give sincere compliments, not only to others but also to yourself.
- Let go of anger, bitterness, and resentment.
- Forgive a debt that someone owes to you.
- Let go of your past, if it’s no longer serving you.
- Forgive others for the pain they may have caused you.
- When you are wrong, make things right and admit that you made a mistake.
- Be on time all the time.
- Stop multitasking.
- Keep a clean email inbox and check your inbox only once a day.
- Listen to opinions that are contrary to your own with an open mind.
- Read about a subject you wouldn’t usually read about.
- Review your day each night before going to sleep.
- Write a personal mission statement.
- Write down your short, medium, and long term goals.
- Write your goals down every day or every time that you feel demotivated.
- Create a vision board.
- Invest your money.
- Invest in yourself.
- Accept that you can’t control everything. Control is an illusion. Let go; let life happen.
- Realize that you can change the things that you have control over.
- Learn to say no.
- Stop making excuses.
- Plan ahead and be proactive.
- Live in the moment. Plan for the future, but enjoy what’s currently happening.
- Finish all projects that you started in the past or let them go completely.
- Put yourself first.
- Be honest with yourself and others. Live with integrity.
- Be willing to let go of what you have so you can get what you want.
- Give yourself room to fail. There are no mistakes, only learning experiences.
- Do it now. Don’t wait until next year to change your life!
1. Conduct An Honest Self-Assessment
Before you start to change your life, ask yourself:
“Do I even want to change my life?”
Maybe, just maybe, your life is great already. Why torment yourself with trying to change your life if there is no reason to do so?
Other times, your why, why you want to change, isn’t big enough for you to go through with it and change your life.
How Bad Do You Want To Change Your Life?
A lot of people run around from one goal to the next without ever appreciating the life they already live. Going from kindergarten to school to university to the first apartment to the first job to the first house and on and on. It never ends.
On top of that advertisements & movies are preaching to us that we need to have more! That there is more to life!
They preach that there is something wrong with us or that we are missing something, to sell us more stuff so we can finally feel okay with ourselves and our lives.
And of course a lot of times there is more to life than just going to work day in and day out.
But other times your life could be perfect if you appreciate the way it is. If you appreciate the life, you already have and don’t stand in our own way.
The question remains: Do you want to change your life?
And if yes, how bad do you want to change it? Or are you happy already?
Because you can reduce a lot of stress and unhappiness if you accept the life you already have.
So let’s start and make an honest self-assessment.
Look at these six areas of your life:
- Work & Career
- Money & Finances
- Health & Wellness
- Love & Romance
- Family & Friends
- Fun & Lifestyle
- What do I like about these areas?
- What do I dislike?
Another set of questions could be:
- What do I need to do more of?
- What do I need to do less of?
What you can also do is:
Rate them from one to ten! How satisfied are you with each area of your life?
Maybe your love and romance score is a 10 because you have a loving partner and a great family. But your health and wellness score is just a 5 because you eat too much sugary stuff and don’t exercise.
Then primarily work on your health and wellness for the next few months, because in this area you can improve the most.
So, create a list of each of these six areas and be truthful.
Tell The Truth!
Because often, we are not honest! We are not even honest with ourselves.
We try to hide the truth from us. We hide from the fact that we need to work harder, that we need to exercise more, or that we neglected our family in the past. We hide it because often the truth is not pretty.
Because maybe you haven’t been your best self in the past. Because you didn’t do everything, you could do.
But you have to remember the past is the past.
It’s gone. It’s over. You can’t change it anymore.
But it’s also not you!
Let go of it! I don’t care what you did in the past because you can’t change it.
The important thing is, what can you do now?
What Can You Do Today?
What can you do today to improve your life and the lives of everybody around you?
And then do that.
If not for you, exercise for your family. Lose weight for your family. Quit smoking for your family.
Do it for them.
Go after what you want for them. Because you will set a good example. Especially if you make it.
You will set the example that you can live the life you want if you work hard for it.
If that’s not the best gift, you can give other people, to inspire them, to show them that they can get what they want. Because you did. Because you lead the way.
I don’t know what better gift you can give anybody. Especially yourself and your kids!
Also and more importantly, look at your underlying values. Because you can get in a lot of trouble if your highest priority in life is to make a lot of money or drive the newest car, without regard to honesty, compassion, or your family.
Be truthful to yourself! What do you really really want?
If your values are screwed up, self-development becomes dangerous. Because you might go after the wrong things! The things you don’t actually want even though you think you want them!
Ask Yourself: What Do I Truly Want?
And have I done everything I am capable of doing till now?
Be truthful to yourself.
Start your self-assessment now!
Do it now.
Because otherwise, you won’t do it.
Let’s be honest you probably won’t come back to this article in the future. So do it now!
All it takes are a couple of minutes because you already know what you like or dislike about your life and what you need to change. Maybe only subconsciously, but you know.
Bring it to paper.
Write it down. Now!
For More Read: Create Your dream Life Guide!
2. Let Go & Get Rid Of Your Old Stuff
In this step, you want to get rid of all the things that you dislike from your self-assessment.
These things might include:
- Quit your job.
- Get rid of stuff you don’t need any longer.
- Remove negative people from your life.
- Stop complaining.
- Ditch TV, social media, or even all electronics for 24 hours, a month, or forever.
- Say no to appointments.
- Unsubscribe from newsletters, memberships, and magazines.
- Let go of an old dream you never pursued.
What can and do you need to let go?
Write it down and take action!
Try to let go of at least one thing today!
Read More: How To Let Go Of The Past
3. Do Something New
After you created more free time and space for yourself, ask yourself:
What can I add to my life? What can I do differently to break out of my comfort zone and live the life I always wanted to live?
These things might include:
- Go Skydiving.
- Sign up for a sports class like yoga, rock climbing, or swimming.
- Book a solo vacation.
- Make a new friend.
- Start a side hustle.
- Help in the community.
- Write a gratitude journal.
- Write a mission statement.
- Make a bucket list and begin to cross things off that list by doing them.
- Imagine your perfect day and try to do it as close as possible.
- List 100 things that make you happy.
- Learn a new language.
- Go on a meditation retreat.
- Organize a family dinner.
- Ask for a promotion.
- Start a new business.
Living your perfect life doesn’t have to be difficult. Mostly it’s doing one step after another, overcoming your fears, and breaking out of your comfort zone. You can do it!
Because it’s easy if you do it in small steps. But here we are back at the beginning: “What is easy to do is easy not to do.”
Just do it.
Even if it’s only one little thing, you change today. Because if you start today and continue day after day, your life will transform effortlessly.
It all begins with the first step.
It all begins with today.
Because that’s all that we ever have: today!
What is one thing you can change today? Do that now!
And implement a plan to create the life of your dreams in the next few years!
- Ask yourself if you need to change your life? Maybe it’s perfect already.
- If not, conduct an honest self-assessment.
- Let go and get rid of all the old stuff and do something new. Something you always wanted to do but never did.
- Believe and trust in yourself. You can do it!
For more encouragement: Join PURUM today!
Did you go through the three steps in this article and took action?
Then throw yourself a party, because you rock!